Last Updated on May 2, 2021 by Karl Thompson
I’ve just released the first of four packages of teaching resources for Crime and Deviance as part of my sociology teaching resources subscription package, available for only £9.99 a month!
This month’s (May 2021) teaching resource bundle contains work books and Power Points covering eight lessons on Crime and Deviance – Intro to Crime, Functionalism and Consensus Theories and Marxism and Crime
Resources in the May 2021 bundle include
- Intro to Crime
- Intro to Crime Statistics
- Introducing perspectives on Crime and Deviance using the London Riots as an example
- Consensus Theories 1 – Functionalism, Bonds of Attachment and Strain Theory
- Consensus Theories 2 – Subcultural and Underclass Theory
- Marxism and Crime 1 – Crimogenic Capitalism and Corporate Crime
- Marxism and Crime 2 – Selective Law Enforcement and the ‘real’ functions of punishment
- Marxism and Crime 3 – Marxism and Crime Letter writing research task
The lessons are typically planned to last for one hour and 15 minutes, although some are longer. The Consensus Theories for example are longer lessons.
The materials contain a good deal of material applying Crime and Deviance to Coronavirus and Lockdown.
The next three months resources will also focus on Crime and Deviance and work through the rest of the specification.
Resources in the bundle include:
- Work books
- Power points
- Also contained in this month’s (May 2021) teaching bundle is a students Scheme of Work and some revision/ review material.
Fully modifiable resources
Every teacher likes to make resources their own by adding some things in and cutting other things out – and you can do this with both the work pack and the PowerPoints because I’m selling them in Word and PPT, rather than as PDFs, so you can modify them!
NB – I have had to remove most the pictures I use personally, for copyright reasons, but I’m sure you can find your own to fit in. It’s obvious where I’ve taken them out!
More resources to come…
I’m making resources available every month as part of this teacher resource subscription package. The schedule of release of resources is as below: