There are a total of three exam papers for the AQA A-level sociology exam, papers 7192 (1) – Education with Methods in Context and Theory and Methods; paper 7192 (2) Topics in Sociology (typically families and religion are the options); and paper 7191 (3) Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods.
Papers 1 and 3 are ‘write in’ papers – they are gapped booklets, and you write your answers after each question. For these two papers, you answer every question.
Paper 2 is the ‘options paper’ – the exam paper and answer booklet are separate. There are 4 options in each section, you select one topic from section A (most centres do the families option) and one section from section B (most centres do the religion option, I teach the global development option).
There are 5 ‘question types’ across all 5 papers…
- 4 and 6 mark outline questions (papers 1 and 3)
- 10 mark outline and explain questions, no item (papers 1,2 and 3)
- 10 mark ‘applying material from the item analyse’ questions (papers 1,2 and 3)
- 20 Mark Methods in Context question (paper 1)
- 20 and 30 mark essay questions – 30 marks on papers 1 and 3, 20 marks (*2) on paper 2
All exams are 2 hours long, and are marked out of 80
Live Video Impact Revision
If you like this sort of thing, then you might like my latest live video-revision session covering paper 1 above… (Class scheduled for Sunday 28th, link won’t work after that date!)
- A brief overview of the structure of the Education and Theory and Methods 7192 exam
- Mark-maximising strategies for each of the six questions
- Six exemplar exam question and answers, talked through and explained.
- An opportunity to ask questions at the end.
The class is scheduled for 16.00, Sunday 28th May, and will be recorded so you can access it afterwards.
You also get…
- One 30 slide power point covering the 6 types of exam questions in the A level sociology 7192 (1) paper: the same Power Point will form the basis of the live session, along with some interactive marking activities, and a QA session at the end.
- Additional Support Materials – An eight page document which includes a full mark response to one 10 mark question and two examples of full mark responses to possible 30 mark essays.
First 5 get it for £4.99 – after that I may put the price up!
This link will take you to the AQA’s assessment resources page where you can download, for free – http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/sociology/as-and-a-level/sociology-7191-7192/assessment-resources, some examples of all three of these papers.