Last Updated on May 13, 2019 by Karl Thompson
A level sociology students should be looking to using contemporary examples and case studies to illustrate points and evaluate theories whenever possible. In the exams, the use of contemporary evidence is something examiners look for and reward.
- Censorship on Facebook and Twitter – can be used to support Marxist theory – also relevant if you do the media option!
- Sexism in the League do Lol – support for Feminism and again relevant to the media exam.
- How many people are in poverty in the UK? Changes to the way poverty is measured – relevant to research methods, illustrates lack of reliability of official statistics
- Fyre – the biggest festival that never happened – great illustration of a postmodern phenomenon!
- The limitations of school exclusion stats – useful for official stats.
- Blue Monday – a nice illustration of social constructivism.
All of the above took place in either 2019 or 2018!