Good Resources to explore further
- The Sociological Imagination by C Wright Mills (Amazon link)
- A summary of thinking sociologically chapter one by Bauman and May (ReviseSociology)
- A fairly in-depth web based summary of Thinking Sociologically by Bauman and May
- Meet the Natives – is a good video to show the extent to which norms and values vary across cultures
- Tribe with Bruce Parry also illustrates the above very well.
- Analysis Podcast – ‘I should be a psychopath but I’m not – demonstrates the importance of nurture over nature.
- Oxana Malaya ‘Dog girl’ also demonstrates the importance of socialisation (or nurture over nature)